Dead explorer fights knife crime
Elders from London's Congolese community have begun a scheme to teach teenagers about Sir Henry Morton Stanley.
He was one of the Victorian age's greatest adventurers and helped to open up the Congo basin.
The scheme hopes to give children with Congolese backgrounds a sense of identity and stop them getting involved in gangs.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening