Dead explorer fights knife crime
Elders from London's Congolese community have begun a scheme to teach teenagers about Sir Henry Morton Stanley.
He was one of the Victorian age's greatest adventurers and helped to open up the Congo basin.
The scheme hopes to give children with Congolese backgrounds a sense of identity and stop them getting involved in gangs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is