Dead explorer fights knife crime
As the government battles to steer youngsters away from gangs and knife crime, one group has enlisted the help of a 19th century explorer.
Elders from London's Congolese community have begun a scheme to teach teenagers about Sir Henry Morton Stanley.
He was one of the Victorian age's greatest adventurers and helped to open up the Congo basin.
The scheme hopes to give children with Congolese backgrounds a sense of
identity and stop them getting involved in gangs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch