'Iceman' Mummy Had Moss in His Tummy
A new study of the well-known"Iceman" mummy finds that he ate moss, though perhaps not on purpose.
In fact, his gut remains contained six different mosses, a new analysis shows. The unappetizing plants shed light on the Neolithic man's lifestyle and travels during the last few days of his life.
The remains of the Iceman (also called Ötzi, Frozen Fritz and Similaun
Man) were discovered accidentally in 1991 by German tourists in the
Eastern Alps. Since then, a suite of tests has opened a window into the
guy's life and death.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch