Hitler's Maid Says He Was a 'Great Boss'
He was a charming man, someone who was only ever nice to me, a great boss to work for," Rosa Mitterer, 91, told the Mail of the murderous dictator."You can say what you like, but he was a good man to us."
Mitterer, who worked at Hitler's Bavarian mountain retreat alongside her sister Anni before the start of World War II, said she only knew him as a kind employer.
"I remember so clearly the first day I spoke to him in the kitchen,"
Mitterer told the Daily Mail."I said I was Anni's sister and that made
him smile, because Anni was his favorite. I only ever knew Hitler as a
kindly man who was good to me."
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse