Hitler's Maid Says He Was a 'Great Boss'
He was a charming man, someone who was only ever nice to me, a great boss to work for," Rosa Mitterer, 91, told the Mail of the murderous dictator."You can say what you like, but he was a good man to us."
Mitterer, who worked at Hitler's Bavarian mountain retreat alongside her sister Anni before the start of World War II, said she only knew him as a kind employer.
"I remember so clearly the first day I spoke to him in the kitchen,"
Mitterer told the Daily Mail."I said I was Anni's sister and that made
him smile, because Anni was his favorite. I only ever knew Hitler as a
kindly man who was good to me."
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding