New York Teacher Binds Hands and Feet of Black Girls for Slavery Lesson
After the mother complained to Haverstraw Middle School, the superintendent said he was having" conversations with our staff on how to deliver effective lessons."
"If a student was upset, then it was a bad idea," said Superintendent Brian Monahan of the North Rockland School District in New York City's northern suburbs.
The teacher apologized to the mother who complained and her 13-year-old daughter during a meeting Thursday that also included a representative of the local NAACP. But the mother, Christine Shand of Haverstraw, said Friday she thinks the teacher should be removed from the class.
comments powered by Disqus
- Theodore Van Kirk, 93, Enola Gay Navigator, Dies
- The beautiful, historic shrines that Islamists try to destroy
- East Germany's Blood Art: No Justice for Victims of Regime's Treasure Hunt
- President Warren Harding’s Love Letters Open to the Public
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic