Day of Infamy: Pearl Harbor attack etched in Delco vet’s mind
Two years ago at a Pearl Harbor memorial event in Media, Ed Kane overheard a conversation between two teenage boys.
“One kid saw my hat and said, ‘Look, a Pearl Harbor survivor.’ The other kid said, ‘I know where Pearl Harbor is. It’s a fishing village in Florida.’”
The 87-year-old Middletown resident generally shies away from the
spotlight, but if he can help educate younger generations about World War
II, he is willing to do so.
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets