Bible probably not true, says George Bush
US President George W Bush has said that the Bible is"probably not" literally true and that a belief that God created the world is compatible with the theory of evolution.
"I think you can have both," Mr Bush, who leaves office January 20, told ABC television, adding"You're getting me way out of my lane here. I'm just a simple president."
But"evolution is an interesting subject. I happen to believe that
evolution doesn't fully explain the mystery of life," said the president,
an outspoken Christian who often invokes God in his speeches.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."