Brazil considers Indian land case
The court has been asked to rule on whether a reservation in the Amazonian state of Roraima can remain a single unbroken territory.
Indian leaders in Brazil say the case could set a crucial precedent for the protection of their ancestral lands.
But rice farmers say they could be forced to leave the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I