Italian Official: Vatican 'failed to act' for Jews
Gianfranco Fini, who began his career in a neo-fascist party, was speaking at a ceremony marking the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the laws.
Vatican Radio quickly reacted by denying his accusations.
The 1938 laws led to the deportation of thousands of Jews to Nazi concentration camps where many of them died.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I