'Ancient city unearthed' in Peru
The ruins of an entire city have been discovered in northern Peru, researchers say.
Archaeologists say the find could provide the missing link between the ancient cultures of the Wari people and the earlier Moche civilisation.
The site, near the Pacific coastal city of Chiclayo, probably dates to the
Wari culture which ruled the Andes of modern Peru between the 7th and 12th
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse