'Ancient city unearthed' in Peru
The ruins of an entire city have been discovered in northern Peru, researchers say.
Archaeologists say the find could provide the missing link between the ancient cultures of the Wari people and the earlier Moche civilisation.
The site, near the Pacific coastal city of Chiclayo, probably dates to the
Wari culture which ruled the Andes of modern Peru between the 7th and 12th
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."