'Ancient city unearthed' in Peru
The ruins of an entire city have been discovered in northern Peru, researchers say.
Archaeologists say the find could provide the missing link between the ancient cultures of the Wari people and the earlier Moche civilisation.
The site, near the Pacific coastal city of Chiclayo, probably dates to the
Wari culture which ruled the Andes of modern Peru between the 7th and 12th
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian gets $1M to save endangered languages
- Two world-class libraries launch online archive of ancient Scriptures
- U.S. veteran held by North Korea helped anti-communist guerrilla force in 1950-1953 war
- Paul Aussaresses, 95, Who Tortured Algerians, Dies
- Baffling 400,000-Year-Old Clue to Human Origins