Fife and drum extravaganza set for Inauguration Day
The Army is making sure it impresses its next commander-in-chief when he is sworn in next month. It is planning to honor President-elect Barack Obama with the biggest fife and drum corps that the Army has ever put together.
The Army's Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps marches with surgical precision, and its bass drums boom loud enough to set off car alarms 10 yards away. On January 20, it will march near the start of the procession from the Capitol to the White House.
The corps is part of the Third Infantry Regiment, the oldest active
infantry unit in the U.S. Army.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch