Suspected Nazi war criminal tracked down by student
A suspected war criminal may be brought to justice over the 1945 massacre of more than 60 Jews in Austria because of detective work by a university student.
State police in North Rhine-Westphalia are evaluating documents seized from the residence of the man - identified only as Adolf S. - as part of their investigation into his involvement in the massacre in the village of Deutsch Schuetzen, southeast of Vienna.
The raid came after an Austrian university student researching Nazi war
crimes recognised him during his doctoral studies.
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past