Neo-Nazi codes on the rise on German number plates
Authorities in the north-eastern state of Brandenburg have given warning of a rise in extremists using letter and number combinations on number plates to identify themselves to the public.
Right-wing sympathisers recognise HJ as Hitler youth, NS as National Socialism, and KZ as concentration camp, Brandenburg authorities said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- History wars are raging in East Asia
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't