Neo-Nazi codes on the rise on German number plates
German officials are investigating an apparent rise in Right-wing extremists using car number plates as a platform to advertise their neo-Nazi political views.
Authorities in the north-eastern state of Brandenburg have given warning of a rise in extremists using letter and number combinations on number plates to identify themselves to the public.
Right-wing sympathisers recognise HJ as Hitler youth, NS as National
Socialism, and KZ as concentration camp, Brandenburg authorities said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse