Germany releases one of the last Red Army Faction members
Christian Klar, one of the last members of the terrorist far-left Red Army Faction to remain in prison, was released Friday after serving 26 years of a life sentence, according to the Justice Ministry in the German state of Baden-Württemberg.
The Red Army Faction, which was also known as the Baader-Meinhof gang,
carried out a series of assassinations of leading German figures during
the late 1970s and early 1980s, killing 34 people. It disbanded in 1998,
several years after renouncing violence. It subscribed to a
Marxist-Leninist ideology and sought to overthrow the capitalist West
German government and to fight perceived American imperialism.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch