Germany releases one of the last Red Army Faction members
Christian Klar, one of the last members of the terrorist far-left Red Army Faction to remain in prison, was released Friday after serving 26 years of a life sentence, according to the Justice Ministry in the German state of Baden-Württemberg.
The Red Army Faction, which was also known as the Baader-Meinhof gang,
carried out a series of assassinations of leading German figures during
the late 1970s and early 1980s, killing 34 people. It disbanded in 1998,
several years after renouncing violence. It subscribed to a
Marxist-Leninist ideology and sought to overthrow the capitalist West
German government and to fight perceived American imperialism.
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past