India moustaches 'face the chop'
The famous beards and moustaches of India - seen as representing a huge tradition to the outside world - are under threat, a new book says.
It says that the country's famous facial hairs are disappearing as India enters the clean-shaven digital age.
The book says that the traditional belief that facial hair is a sign of virility appears to be facing the chop.
It says that young people in particular do not want an itchy moustache or
beard which they think makes them look old.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch