The last survivor of Operation Valkyrie on his plot to kill Hitler
The last survivor of Operation Valkyrie on his plot to kill Hitler A SHORT phone call from his brother was to change Baron Philip von Boeselager's life for ever. The conversation between the two senior Nazis was to launch World War Two's most audacious plot to kill the German leader Adolf Hitler.
Philip, who was the last survivor of the plotters, said:"My brother George called and said, 'They want explosives'. I knew exactly what for."
Philip was one of the lucky ones. In Hitler's bloodbath of revenge, most of the plotters died, some by firing squad or suicide but many suffered the grotesque and painfully slow death of being hanged by piano wire.
Now the story of their doomed assassination attempt is being told in a documentary DVD.
It is released to coincide with Valkyrie, the block buster starring Tom
Cruise as plot ringleader Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch