New plan to retrieve stolen antiquities
The Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities has drawn up a new plan to retrieve “all the antiquities that have been stolen,” according to the minister, Qahatan al-Jibouri.
Jibouri, whose ministry is in charge of the Antiquities Department, said the return of smuggled and stolen Iraqi relics as well as the protection of Iraqi ancient sites was a top priority.
The relative quiet in the country has encouraged the government to draw the plan which among other
things calls for the deployment of guards to protect endangered Mesopotamian sites.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch