Historic newspapers to go online
Millions of old newspaper reports and magazines articles from Wales, dating as far back as the 18th Century, are to be made available online.
Included in the £2m project by the National Library of Wales will be first-hand accounts from the Chartist march on Newport and the Rebecca riots.
Up to 300 titles will be available at the click of a button by 2012.
Last October, the library began digitising its collection of books, historical documents and works of art.
The initiative to bring old newspapers and magazines that pre-date the digital age to the web will be a great asset to researchers, local historians, genealogists, teachers and television researchers, it is claimed.
But the information will not be available online until 2012 because 2m pages have to be digitised.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch