Holocaust Denial Widespread Among Israel's Arabs
Sammy Smooha believes the numbers, which have shown a significant shift in the past few years, signal a rising frustration among minority Arabs in the Jewish state. He said the growing Holocaust denial is fueled by a belief that recognizing the World War II genocide, in which German Nazis and their collaborators murdered 6 million Jews, gives justification to Israeli policies.
The survey found that 41 percent of respondents say the Holocaust never happened, up from 28 percent who said so in 2006 when the question was first asked.
comments powered by Disqus
Per Fagereng - 5/21/2009
When Israeli Arabs deny the Holocaust they are giving up their strongest argument. The Holocaust really did happen. It was perpetrated by Germans and many other Europeans. But the Palestinians paid for the crime.
Now the Europeans can assuage their guilt by supporting Israel's right to exist among the dispossessed scapegoats.
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years