Just don't mention Hitler: Young Germans learn to fall in love with their country again
After more than 60 years of self-loathing and shame because of the Nazis, the Germans have fallen in love with themselves.
A study has shown that increasing numbers of Germans think they should be proud about their country.
Germany is preparing to celebrate 20 years of the downfall of the Berlin Wall and the 60 years since the founding of the post-war Republic that replaced the Third Reich.
A study, carried out by the Identity Foundation in Duesseldorf, showed
twice as many Germans were 'very proud' to be German as eight years
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets