Vatican sells facsimiles of Henry VIII letter that led to schism with Rome
The Vatican announced that 200 copies of the elaborately decorated parchment from 1530, which bore an appeal by English peers to Pope Clement VII asking for the annulment of Henry's marriage, would go on sale for 50,000 euros (£43,000) each.
Each facsimile of the Causa Anglica, as the three-foot-long document is known, has taken two months to produce.
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals