Amanda Girling Budd Stabbed By Thief
Unsigned, The Times (London), 1/05/05
An historian who confronted a burglar at her home was stabbed 19 times, an Old Bailey jury was told yesterday.
Amanda Girling Budd, 48, was working alone at her flat in Hackney, East London, in September when she saw a man on her stairwell. He rushed past her into her flat but Ms Girling Budd confronted him in the hallway."He punched her and then stabbed her 19 times. He then searched the study before leaving the flat and Ms Girling Budd slumped on the floor," said Zoe Johnson, prosecuting.
Ms Girling Budd survived. The blood of the defendant, Thomas Read, was found on her trousers and he left part of the knife behind at the flat, the court heard.
Read, 24, from Walthamstow, East London denies attempted murder.
The case continues.
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original