Northern grove for Jurassic tree ( Australia)
The grove at Inverewe Garden is claimed to be the most northerly planting of Wollemi Pine.
Owners the National Trust for Scotland said the tree, which dates from Jurassic times, could survive for up to 1,000 years.
They were cultivated from trees found to have survived in a single isolated grove in Australia.
The discovery of the pine in 1994 caused a scientific sensation, and prompted the Australian Government to protect the site where it was growing.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening