Nixon Library: Trustworthy?
- Nixon Library and NARA Exchange Thoughts By Bruce Craig
- The Nixon Papers Deal--An Archivist's Perspective By Maarja Krusten
- NYT Editorial In an editorial in the NYT the paper chides the Nixon Library for cancelling the Vietnam conference and warns that Allen Weinstein, the archivist of the US, is"putting his own credibility on the line as much as the Nixon's Library" in recommending the completion of the deal to transfer the Nixon papers to the Nixon Library.
- Library Agrees to Turn Over Personal Records After a group of historians plus the American Library Association last week protested the lack of public access guarantees in the proposed transfer of President Nixon's tapes and files to the private Yorba Linda-based Nixon Library & Birthplace, Nixon representatives have now assured the National Archives that the Nixon Library will donate to the Archives the"personal/political" portions of the tapes and files -- which former President Nixon and his estate litigated for more than two decades to keep from the public domain. The pledges exchanged this week do not provide the binding legal commitment on the Nixon Library's part as urged by the historians, but do seem to represent clearly the bottom-line requirements of the National Archives before the Nixon Library would join the Presidential Library system. The pledges also do not include any reference to the final recommendation from the historians' group, that the presidential libraries need an independent review board or boards to ensure maximum public access.
- The Nixon Library Can't Be Trusted By David Greenberg
- The Nixon Library Controversy: The Fallout By Rick Shenkman
- Petition to Suspend the Transfer of the Nixon Papers to the Nixon Library
- Nixon Library Cancels Vietnam Conference By Rick Shenkman
- About the Nixon Library's Promise to Turn Over a New Leaf By Stanley I. Kutler
- Even Richard Nixon Would Have Been Embarrassed By Melvin Small
- Dear John Taylor: A Letter to the Executive Director of the Nixon Library By Thomas S. Blanton
comments powered by Disqus
- Live through incredible Berlin Wall escape stories with YouTube's VR history project
- How Codebreakers Helped Secure U.S. Victory in the Battle of Midway
- The Equal Rights Amendment May Pass Now. It’s Only Been 96 Years.
- Teenage Rescuer, Now 92, Meets Family She Saved From Nazis
- Mormons in Mexico: A brief history of polygamy, cartel violence and faith
- Chris Riback is Reading the Impeachment Inquiry Opening Statements Aloud on His Podcast
- Julie Hirschfeld Davis & Michael D. Shear: Inside Trump’s Assault on Immigration
- 14 Ships' Figureheads Weighing Over 20 Tons Arrive at UK's Newest Museum, The Box
- Historian Hope Harrison Interviewed for article on German Reunification in The Atlantic
- “If you liked this interview, you’ll love this book”: A Review of Sarah Milov’s The Cigarette: A Political History (2019)