Trent Lott and Strom Thurmond
Acceptance Speech, 1948, Endorsing Civil Rights.
- Platform of the Dixiecrat Party 1948
Articles and Excerpts
- Ralph Luker, Trent Lott Should Be History
- Robert Dallek & Douglas Brinkley, Trent Lott's Faux Pas: What Historians Think
- Norman Markowitz, What Would America Be Like If Strom Thurmond Had Been Elected President?
- Joseph Crespino, Republican Double-Speak on Race
- Michelle Cottle, Trent Lott's Racist Past
- Derek Alger, Trent Lott ... Find Another Country to Be Part Of
- Norman Ravitch, Richard Jensen, Michael Kazin, Sam Tanenhaus, Ralph Luker, Abigail Thernstrom, Debate: Was It a Crime to Have Supported the Dixiecrat Party?
- Timothy Noah, Strom Thurmond Never Repudiated Segregation
- Hubert Humphrey, Civil Rights Speech at the Democratic Convention, 1948
- Kari Frederickson, Strom Thurmond's Mixed Record
- Robin Toner, Sanitizing the Past
- David Halbfinger and Jeffrey Gettleman, NYT Profile of Trent Lott
- Eric Black, Dixiecrats' 1948 rebellion signified white resistance
- Timothy Noah, Did Robert Byrd Ever Renounce Segregation?
- Jim Sleeper, The Real Third-Party Candidate in 1948
comments powered by Disqus
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation