Trent Lott and Strom Thurmond
Acceptance Speech, 1948, Endorsing Civil Rights.
- Platform of the Dixiecrat Party 1948
Articles and Excerpts
- Ralph Luker, Trent Lott Should Be History
- Robert Dallek & Douglas Brinkley, Trent Lott's Faux Pas: What Historians Think
- Norman Markowitz, What Would America Be Like If Strom Thurmond Had Been Elected President?
- Joseph Crespino, Republican Double-Speak on Race
- Michelle Cottle, Trent Lott's Racist Past
- Derek Alger, Trent Lott ... Find Another Country to Be Part Of
- Norman Ravitch, Richard Jensen, Michael Kazin, Sam Tanenhaus, Ralph Luker, Abigail Thernstrom, Debate: Was It a Crime to Have Supported the Dixiecrat Party?
- Timothy Noah, Strom Thurmond Never Repudiated Segregation
- Hubert Humphrey, Civil Rights Speech at the Democratic Convention, 1948
- Kari Frederickson, Strom Thurmond's Mixed Record
- Robin Toner, Sanitizing the Past
- David Halbfinger and Jeffrey Gettleman, NYT Profile of Trent Lott
- Eric Black, Dixiecrats' 1948 rebellion signified white resistance
- Timothy Noah, Did Robert Byrd Ever Renounce Segregation?
- Jim Sleeper, The Real Third-Party Candidate in 1948
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire