Eugene Robinson: The Tea Party Must Purge Racism from its RanksRoundup: Media's Take
That was quick. We now have proof the NAACP was right....
On Saturday, the National Tea Party Federation announced it had expelled one of the movement's most prominent figures -- a California blowhard named Mark Williams -- because of the outrageously racist things he had said about the NAACP. Ejected along with Williams was his whole organization, Tea Party Express, which had been a particularly active, high-profile group....
"Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government 'stop raising our taxes.' That is outrageous! How will we coloreds ever get a wide-screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society? Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong."...
comments powered by Disqus
John a Wilson - 9/11/2010
“There are two types of people I have yet to meet at Tea Parties: one, racists, and two, anyone who owns a yacht,” said Kevin Jackson, author of The Big Black Lie and president of Black Conservative Coalition.
“And if I did find a yacht owner at a Tea Party, I bet you he’s paying his taxes”—a reference to Sen. John Kerry’s tax dodge
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible