Eavesdropping Without Warrants
Articles & Excerpts
- Carter allowed surveillance in 1977
- Since long before Bush, the White House has abused its powers By Thomas Woods, Jr.
- Presidential Authority to Conduct Warrantless Electronic Surveillance By Congressional Research Service
- What Year Is This Anyway? Rollback to 1214 AD By Nick Turse
- Has President Bush Committed an Impeachable Offense? By Stanley I. Kutler
- Is Bush Just Following Lincoln's Example? By William C. Kashatus
- Congress can't usurp the president's power to spy on America's enemies By Robert F. Turner
- Lincoln and Bush on vigilance and responsibility By Mackubin Thomas Owens
- 'Warrantless' searches not unprecedented By Washington Times
- Absolute Executive Power? By Sidney Blumenthal
- Bush's Surprising Resort to Eavesdropping without a Warrant By David Kahn
- Thank you Mr. President for wiretapping By WSJ Editorial
- Uncle Sam is listening By Bruce Schneier
- Precedents and Presidents By Caleb McDaniel
comments powered by Disqus
Paul Mocker - 12/23/2005
<em>Confronted by menace, or what is perceived as menace, governments will usually attempt to smash it, rarely to understand it, examine it, define it.</em>
The March of Folly, page 167.
Was she right?
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of