History News Network: Where teachers-in-the-know (and hundreds of thousands of others) go to find out the history behind the stories in the news. It's free. It's timely. It's credible.
Says Eric Foner: "I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world."
Join HNN's growing list of members! We receive more than 10 million hits a month.
To join HNN sign up for our free newsletter! (We do not sell, loan, or share the email addresses of subscribers.)
About HNN's Newsletters
HNN dispatches three newsletters a week:
● Monday Original articles published by historians on HNN
● Wednesday Breaking News & Historians in the News
● Friday Roundup of articles on other sites
To unsubscribe from HNN's newsletter, click here.
Changing Your Email Address
If you want to change your subscriber email address just send us an email indicating your old email address and new email address: Email us by clicking here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fate of Confederate Monuments Is Stalled by Competing Legal Battles
- 'I Gave Up Hope': As Girls, They Were Jailed In Squalor For Protesting Segregation
- Army Releases a Critical History of the War in Iraq
- Historians Explain How The Women's March Builds On More Than 100 Years Of Resistance
- Why Reagan's 'Star Wars' Defense Plan Remained Science Fiction
- Heather Cox Richardson On The First Government Shutdown In U.S. History
- A New History of Native Americans Responds to ‘Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee’
- Historian's new TV series tears apart America's revered founding myths
- Dr. Mildred Denby Green, Trailblazing Historian of Black Music in Memphis Dies
- Was Eric Hobsbawm a dangerous Communist?