Iraq War: 3rd Anniversary
News Stories: Historians Against the War (HAW) February 2006 Conference, Universty of Texas, Austin
Judy Atkins: Historians Against the War ... Highlights from their Weekend Conference (HAW)
Jacob Laksin: Historians Against the War: Upbraided for statements made during an anti-war conference (frontpagemag.com)
Jim O'Brien: Historians Target Iraq War (Nation)
Anti-War Forum Discusses History (Daily Texan)
Articles & Excerpts
Kanan Makiya: Iraq’s Democratic Prospects
Michael Schwartz: Does the Media Have It Right on the War?
Juan Cole: Top Ten Catastrophes of the Third Year of American Iraq
Ted Morgan: Algeria and Iraq: Yes, There Are Parallels
J. R. Kerr-Ritchie: 7/7 and the War in Iraq
Norman Solomon: War-Loving Pundits
Joan Hoff: How Bush Confuses Virtue and Viciousness
Alan Dawley: Why Peace Movements Are Important
Staughton Lynd and Carl Mirra: I Am a Revisionist Historian
Huibin Amee Chew: Why the War is Sexist (And Why We Can’t Ignore Gender Anymore)
Richard F. Miller: Reporting from Baghdad: Why Hasn't There Been a Civil War?
Richard Striner: Wartime Leadership: The First Republican President Versus The Latest
Tom Engelhardt: Why does the Iraq war not have an official name?
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of