HNN Hot Topics: Gun ViolenceHot Topics
tags: Hot Topics, Second Amendment, guns, gun control
Click HERE for our most recent articles on guns and gun violence.
Click HERE for historians commenting on the Pittsburgh shooting.
Click HERE for historians commenting on the Parkland shooting.
“Since 1970, more Americans have died from guns than died in all U.S. wars going back to the American Revolution.” — NYT Columnist Nicholas Kristof
Commentary & News
Michael Bellesiles Scandal
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Hutto - 7/13/2008
Crooks won't be deterred by gun control. They will get them by hook or crook.
Stephen Kislock - 3/23/2007
I really think GUNS in the Hands of the "People" today, is one reason the Neo-Con have not attempted a real Coup d e tat, Just look to Iraq and what happens when the "People" can Arm themselves!
Earl David Quammen - 3/16/2007
All 'gun control' is REPUGNANT to We The People's Constitution. To Wit;
The PROOF is insurmountable; Before the current Constitution -
During the debates -
And, After the FACT -
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed". Means EXACTLY that which is written. All 'precedence' to the contrary is Constitutionally REPUGNANT and therefore NULL and VOID.
- Oral Histories of Donald Trump's Housing Discrimination Case, the Central Park Five, and More
- A Stolen Letter Written by Alexander Hamilton in 1780 Resurfaces
- ‘It’s art activism’: Charleston artists gather at Calhoun monument, urge its removal
- Chinese Railroad Workers Were Almost Written Out of History. Now They’re Getting Their Due.
- Mayor and ‘Foreign Minister’: How Bernie Sanders Brought the Cold War to Burlington
- The Partisan
- If “living history” role-plays in the classroom can so easily go wrong, why do teachers keep assigning them?
- MIT just cracked open an historic time capsule–here’s what was inside
- Historian Ben Macintyre reveals the gripping story of the KGB agent who saved us from Armageddon in 1983
- Peter Cole's ‘Dockworker Power’ Highlights Transnational Struggles for Justice