HNN Hot Topics: Gun ViolenceHot Topics
tags: Hot Topics, Second Amendment, guns, gun control
Click HERE for our most recent articles on guns and gun violence.
Click HERE for historians commenting on the Pittsburgh shooting.
Click HERE for historians commenting on the Parkland shooting.
“Since 1970, more Americans have died from guns than died in all U.S. wars going back to the American Revolution.” — NYT Columnist Nicholas Kristof
Commentary & News
Michael Bellesiles Scandal
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Hutto - 7/13/2008
Crooks won't be deterred by gun control. They will get them by hook or crook.
Stephen Kislock - 3/23/2007
I really think GUNS in the Hands of the "People" today, is one reason the Neo-Con have not attempted a real Coup d e tat, Just look to Iraq and what happens when the "People" can Arm themselves!
Earl David Quammen - 3/16/2007
All 'gun control' is REPUGNANT to We The People's Constitution. To Wit;
The PROOF is insurmountable; Before the current Constitution -
During the debates -
And, After the FACT -
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed". Means EXACTLY that which is written. All 'precedence' to the contrary is Constitutionally REPUGNANT and therefore NULL and VOID.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers