HNN Hot Topics: PiracyHot Topics
Nathan Williams: How Did the United States Defeat the Barbary Pirates?
Dominic Tierney: How Somali Pirates Could Take Obama Hostage
Mackubin T. Owens: What To Do About Piracy?
Ben Macintyre: Piracy's Roots Go Deep In Somalia's History
Geoffrey Wheatcroft: America sank these pirates, but the Age of Might is over
Lawrence A. Peskin: Are the Somali Pirates Like the Barbary Pirates?
Joshua E. London: Interview About His New Book on the Barbary Wars
Christopher Hitchens: Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates
Historian Claims in New Book that More than a Million White Europeans Were Captured by North African Slave Traders
Libyan town that churns out terrorists was home to Barbary pirates
Gerard W. Gawalt: America and the Barbary Pirates ... An International Battle Against an Unconventional Foe
Pirate Coast Campaign Was U.S.'s First War on Terror, Authors Say
Roger Kaplan: Piracy Then and Now
Max Boot: Stopping Stateless Pirates
- David Forsmark: Review of 2 Books on Islam and the West
- Michael Oren on the Barbary Pirates [audio 10min @41:00]
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of