IRANIANS BACK ON THE STREET
This time the excuse has been a friday speech by Rafsanjai attended by both Mousavi and Karoubi (his son claims he was attacked on the way to the mosque). He called for the release of detained protesters. His sermon was interuppted by calls:"Freedom, Freedom!"
Tweeters claiming that there were a million protesters on the street. They were tear gassed.
Just as importantly, there are reports of protests outside Tehran, in Tabriz and Mashad.
In addition to women, photographers were also targetted.
Youtube posting of Rafsanjani's speech seems to have been removed. But the youtubes keep coming. This one from the interior/inteligence ministry where there was also a demonstration:comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."