IRANIANS BACK ON THE STREET
This time the excuse has been a friday speech by Rafsanjai attended by both Mousavi and Karoubi (his son claims he was attacked on the way to the mosque). He called for the release of detained protesters. His sermon was interuppted by calls:"Freedom, Freedom!"
Tweeters claiming that there were a million protesters on the street. They were tear gassed.
Just as importantly, there are reports of protests outside Tehran, in Tabriz and Mashad.
In addition to women, photographers were also targetted.
Youtube posting of Rafsanjani's speech seems to have been removed. But the youtubes keep coming. This one from the interior/inteligence ministry where there was also a demonstration:comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!