IRANIANS BACK ON THE STREET
This time the excuse has been a friday speech by Rafsanjai attended by both Mousavi and Karoubi (his son claims he was attacked on the way to the mosque). He called for the release of detained protesters. His sermon was interuppted by calls:"Freedom, Freedom!"
Tweeters claiming that there were a million protesters on the street. They were tear gassed.
Just as importantly, there are reports of protests outside Tehran, in Tabriz and Mashad.
In addition to women, photographers were also targetted.
Youtube posting of Rafsanjani's speech seems to have been removed. But the youtubes keep coming. This one from the interior/inteligence ministry where there was also a demonstration:comments powered by Disqus
- MLK's daughter to give court her dad's Bible, Nobel Prize
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory
- 800-year-old monk found poking out of cliff face
- Khrushchev’s son: Giving Crimea back to Russia not an option
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood