IRANIANS BACK ON THE STREET
This time the excuse has been a friday speech by Rafsanjai attended by both Mousavi and Karoubi (his son claims he was attacked on the way to the mosque). He called for the release of detained protesters. His sermon was interuppted by calls:"Freedom, Freedom!"
Tweeters claiming that there were a million protesters on the street. They were tear gassed.
Just as importantly, there are reports of protests outside Tehran, in Tabriz and Mashad.
In addition to women, photographers were also targetted.
Youtube posting of Rafsanjani's speech seems to have been removed. But the youtubes keep coming. This one from the interior/inteligence ministry where there was also a demonstration:comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past