IRANIANS BACK ON THE STREET
This time the excuse has been a friday speech by Rafsanjai attended by both Mousavi and Karoubi (his son claims he was attacked on the way to the mosque). He called for the release of detained protesters. His sermon was interuppted by calls:"Freedom, Freedom!"
Tweeters claiming that there were a million protesters on the street. They were tear gassed.
Just as importantly, there are reports of protests outside Tehran, in Tabriz and Mashad.
In addition to women, photographers were also targetted.
Youtube posting of Rafsanjani's speech seems to have been removed. But the youtubes keep coming. This one from the interior/inteligence ministry where there was also a demonstration:comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch