Fund Raising Human Rights Watch Style
Bernstein also quotes Nathan Wagner at Opinio Juris saying that, “surely there is a moral difference between raising funds in free nations through appeals to ideals of universal human rights and raising money in repressive nations through appeals highlighting pressure brought against their enemies.”
Cross posted on The Trebach Report
comments powered by Disqus
Davd Bernstein - 7/20/2009
RL, you are quite the wit. Too bad you don't understand the basic libertarian distinction between criticism (as I criticized HRW) for saying something or doing something one finds stupid or objectionable and punishing someone through government action for saying or doing something objectionable (the subject of my book).
RL - 7/19/2009
"You Can't Say That...About Israel. NO! I REALLY MEAN IT!! You CAN'T SAY THAT!!!"
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening