Fund Raising Human Rights Watch Style
Bernstein also quotes Nathan Wagner at Opinio Juris saying that, “surely there is a moral difference between raising funds in free nations through appeals to ideals of universal human rights and raising money in repressive nations through appeals highlighting pressure brought against their enemies.”
Cross posted on The Trebach Report
comments powered by Disqus
Davd Bernstein - 7/20/2009
RL, you are quite the wit. Too bad you don't understand the basic libertarian distinction between criticism (as I criticized HRW) for saying something or doing something one finds stupid or objectionable and punishing someone through government action for saying or doing something objectionable (the subject of my book).
RL - 7/19/2009
"You Can't Say That...About Israel. NO! I REALLY MEAN IT!! You CAN'T SAY THAT!!!"
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians