Some Noteds ...
Final voting on the Koufax Awards for 2004 has begun. Scroll down the left hand column and click on each category in which you want to vote. Cliopatria has lots of friends in the competition.
Lia Miller's"New Website for Academics Roils Education Journalism" in today's New York Times explains the background to the founding of Inside Higher Ed, the new on-line publication. While you're over there, have a look at Scott Jaschik's"Resignation at Hamilton" on the resignation of Nancy Rabinowitz as director of the Kirkland Project at Hamilton College; and David Steigerwald's"The New Repression of the Postmodern Right" on legislation introduced in the Ohio legislature to adopt David Horowitz's"academic bill of rights."
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims