'Nuf Said ...
Edward Nowatka,"Literary Blogs Fill a Niche," USA Today, 16 Feb. Undoubtedly, they do, though Kevin Holtsberry thinks that Collected Miscellany should get some face time; and one of the better known literary blogs, Moby Lives, continues to cite stories from SwiftReport as if they were straightforward news, instead of the spoofs that they are. A lunkhead like myself could believe that moral conservatives plan to chisel the features of Abraham Lincoln into those of Ronald Reagan on Mt. Rushmore or that the Bush administration is seriously considering naming either John Ashcroft or former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore as the nation's poet laureate. Just too droll; but the Bush administration has done worse in more critical slots and it might keep Ashcroft or Moore out of greater mischief.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims