My World Is Less Elegant Now ...
Bobby Short has died. His singing lives on. Here's Terry Gross's interview with him that was rebroadcast on"Fresh Air" today. It includes some of his songs
comments powered by Disqus
David Timothy Beito - 3/22/2005
He strongly implied in his interview that "The Three Stooges" were not exactly forward-thinking on the race issue. Curly how could you!
Ralph E. Luker - 3/22/2005
Jason Lee - 3/22/2005
Just a thought, but perhaps instead (or in addition to) linking to his obituary, you could link to some of his music.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims