My World Is Less Elegant Now ...
Bobby Short has died. His singing lives on. Here's Terry Gross's interview with him that was rebroadcast on"Fresh Air" today. It includes some of his songs
comments powered by Disqus
David Timothy Beito - 3/22/2005
He strongly implied in his interview that "The Three Stooges" were not exactly forward-thinking on the race issue. Curly how could you!
Ralph E. Luker - 3/22/2005
Jason Lee - 3/22/2005
Just a thought, but perhaps instead (or in addition to) linking to his obituary, you could link to some of his music.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding