Obama Loves Big Pharma
The Democratic Party and the left in general want people to believe that they are for the poor and middle class, protecting them from the greed of big corporations. Well, apparently someone forgot to tell Barak Obama because as Greg Palast informs us his administration has been holding secret meetings with pharmaceutical company lobbyists that have resulted in policy proposals that do not reflect the tough stance Obama took against these giant corporations during his campaign.
comments powered by Disqus
Anthony Gregory - 8/18/2009
It's not purely a shakedown. It's also collusion. The drug companies are taking out advertising on behalf of Obamacare. The top capitalists, as usual, are the greatest enemies of the free market.
Keith Halderman - 8/17/2009
I agree all kinds of stories lately about how Obama may be willing to drop the public option in order to get their reforms ie. rip offs through Congress.
C.J. Maloney - 8/15/2009
That's because it's all a shakedown, partly of the companies themselves, but mostly of the consumers.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets