Happy 85th, Thomas Szasz!
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 4/24/2005
About five years ago, I gave a toast to Dr. Szasz at a CLASSical Liberals of Las Vegas meeting. He is one of our great sources of wisdom and has framed a paradigm in understanding psychiatry and psychological issues which is of incomparable value to us all.
His body of work has challenged us all to improve our understanding of theory, society and, most of all, ourselves. We all should read his writings from "The Manufacture of Madness" to his most recent writings on freedom!
And a toast to Szasz!
- In words spoken hours before 9-11, hear Bill Clinton say why he could have, but didn’t, kill bin Laden
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”