Tierney on a roll
comments powered by Disqus
Lisa Casanova - 4/27/2005
You'll get no argument from me. Just out of curiosity, have you come up with a response to convince people who believe that Social Security cured poverty among the elderly and is the only thing that keeps it from returning? I have discussed this with well-meaning friends who are truly horrified by the dire straits they believe the American elderly would be in if not for SS. They can't believe I would really advocate a world without it, since nothing would stand between my grandma and destitution (except me and the fact that I would take care of her, but then they just think I'm some rare exception).
M.D. Fulwiler - 4/26/2005
I would prefer this system to our system, but it's still forced savings. Social Security needs to be phased out with ~nothing~ put in its place.
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in