Iraq Still Isn't an Election Issue
Brendan O’Neill explains why here. Sad but true.
comments powered by Disqus
Matthew Humphreys - 4/30/2005
I'm at a loss to explain why, but the link above seems to bring up a 404 error.
Here's the relevant url:
Matthew Humphreys - 4/29/2005
Interesting article. I don't think there was ever any chance of a serious deabte over the war itself, if only because many on both sides are pretty hypocritical IMHO (the leftists wouldn't have had a problem with the invasion if it had been for humanitarian grounds, the Conservatives here raise questions over Blair's honesty about the legal position while still supporting the war).
On a more general note, all this fallout over Blair's (formerly) secret memo from the Attorney General has been fascinating to watch over here. As it stands both sides are still claiming to be right.
I have an entry about the whole thing on my own blog for anyone who is interested.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!