War as a Way of Life
A leftist friend of mine, Softball Kenny, sent me an excellent column by conservative Andrew J. Bacevich titled the “The Normalization of War.” You must scroll down a little ways on the link to read it.comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 4/30/2005
Bureaucracies multiply. The Pentagon bureaucracy survives by constant expansion. Politicians gain from political support for 'defence'. Hence the constant re-invention of ideologies supporting constant expansion of govt spending on the Pentagon. How does a bureaucracy reverse itself?
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding