Modern History Notes
Wesley Yang,"The End of the Affair," Tablet, 4 September, reviews Louis Begley's Why the Dreyfus Affair Matters.
William Deresiewicz,"Aracataca and Sucre," Nation, 2 September, reviews Gerald Martin's Gabriel García Márquez: A Life.
Ross Douthat,"Another One for the Gipper," NYT, 1 September, reviews Steven F. Hayward's The Age of Reagan: The Conservative Counterrevolution, 1980-1989.
Tom Vanderbilt,"Up From Calamity," NYT, 1 September, reviews Rebecca Solnit's A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities That Arise in Disaster.
Robert B. Reich,"Critical Care," NYT, 1 September, reviews The Heart of Power: Health and Politics in the Oval Office by David Blumenthal and James A. Morone.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in