Modern History Notes
Wesley Yang,"The End of the Affair," Tablet, 4 September, reviews Louis Begley's Why the Dreyfus Affair Matters.
William Deresiewicz,"Aracataca and Sucre," Nation, 2 September, reviews Gerald Martin's Gabriel García Márquez: A Life.
Ross Douthat,"Another One for the Gipper," NYT, 1 September, reviews Steven F. Hayward's The Age of Reagan: The Conservative Counterrevolution, 1980-1989.
Tom Vanderbilt,"Up From Calamity," NYT, 1 September, reviews Rebecca Solnit's A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities That Arise in Disaster.
Robert B. Reich,"Critical Care," NYT, 1 September, reviews The Heart of Power: Health and Politics in the Oval Office by David Blumenthal and James A. Morone.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians