Modern History Notes
Stephen Budiansky,"Rising Up Against a Rich Man's War," Washington Post, 27 September, reviews Sally Jenkins's and John Stauffer's The State of Jones: The Small Southern County That Seceded From the Confederacy.
Alan M. Dershowitz,"The Practice," NYT, 25 September, reviews Melvin I. Urofsky's Louis D. Brandeis: A Life.
Adam Begley,"Side By Side," NYT, 25 September, reviews Morris Dickstein's Dancing in the Dark: A Cultural History of the Great Depression.
Jonathan Yardley,"Tracking Nazi Loot," Washington Post, 27 September, reviews The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel with Bret Witter.
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'