I had the chance to meet Ted Cruz, Republican candidate for the Attorney General of Texas, this past Wednesday morning. Cruz was M.C.ing the annual breakfast of Winston Elliott’s FREE ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE. I’m not one to be impressed by many politicians, but I was thoroughly impressed with Cruz. Articulate, smart, principled, and a believer in liberty. Happy to know there are guys like him out there. Gives me great hope for the future. And, I assume that he’ll move into national politics as well at some point.
If you’re interested, here’s an article about Cruz:
comments powered by Disqus
Brad Birzer - 10/24/2009
Mark--what part do you object to?
Mark Brady - 10/24/2009
"For eight years, the people of Texas have had an extraordinary Attorney General in Greg Abbott, and I have been honored to stand by his side as we led the nation defending the Ten Commandments, the Pledge of Allegiance, the Second Amendment, the relentless fight against child sexual predators, and U.S. sovereignty from the World Court’s jurisdiction."
Brad: "And, I assume that he’ll move into national politics as well at some point."
Mark: I regret he will.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse