I had the chance to meet Ted Cruz, Republican candidate for the Attorney General of Texas, this past Wednesday morning. Cruz was M.C.ing the annual breakfast of Winston Elliott’s FREE ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE. I’m not one to be impressed by many politicians, but I was thoroughly impressed with Cruz. Articulate, smart, principled, and a believer in liberty. Happy to know there are guys like him out there. Gives me great hope for the future. And, I assume that he’ll move into national politics as well at some point.
If you’re interested, here’s an article about Cruz:
comments powered by Disqus
Brad Birzer - 10/24/2009
Mark--what part do you object to?
Mark Brady - 10/24/2009
"For eight years, the people of Texas have had an extraordinary Attorney General in Greg Abbott, and I have been honored to stand by his side as we led the nation defending the Ten Commandments, the Pledge of Allegiance, the Second Amendment, the relentless fight against child sexual predators, and U.S. sovereignty from the World Court’s jurisdiction."
Brad: "And, I assume that he’ll move into national politics as well at some point."
Mark: I regret he will.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims