A priori knowledge
A.O. Scott (NYT) on Star Wars Episode III:"It's better than Star Wars." I'm sure I'll go see it, fanboy that I am, and maybe it'll even be good, but I cannot imagine it'll be as good as Scott makes it out to be. Of course, the NYT is legendarily obtuse about sci-fi (including space-operas that technically aren't sci-fi).
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 5/16/2005
I'm sure that Episode III is a technically better film than IV; even the acting and writing, bad as it sounds in that review, is probably better. But when you compare it to the movies around it this year and last, is it that different, as filmmaking goes, from LotR, Harry Potter, X-Men, etc? Maybe by degrees, but not by quantum leaps, the way Episode IV was in its day.
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in