Larry Summers, Falling on His Knees and Wearing Sackcloth
Larry Summers is desparately seeking forgiveness for his sinful ways and this time he may get it by paying massive cash indulgences.
Summers has pledged that Harvard University with spend fifty million dollars to set up a special "diversity fund" targeted to hire women and minorities. When the CNN reporter announced this story earlier this morning, any pretense of objectivity fell by the wayside. She was delighted by his cash penance and said so. Her colleague across the table chimed in to praise Brother Summers.
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 5/17/2005
'Diversity' in skin colour & in other _physical_ attributes -- but a dead (& deadening) uniformity in ideologies.
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!