Like an absent-minded professor, Cliopatria forgot to mention her 6th anniversary last Thursday. To over 950,000 readers from about 180 countries, thanks for coming by to read and discuss. To over 1500 other history blogs and bloggers, thanks for creating the history blogosphere's increasingly rich diversity. To my colleagues at Cliopatria, both past and present, thanks for your many contributions. Here's to many more!
P. S. If, like me, you've been missing his juiciness, Ambrose Hofstadter Bierce, III, at The Broad-Gauge Gossip, be sure to check out the new pretender to the history gossip throne: C. Vann Winchell at Nothing Recedes Like Success. In his (or her?) initial venture, CVW nominates likely high profile refugees from the UC-system's financial debacle.
Manan Ahmed - 12/7/2009
Ralph, you are an inspiration. Thank you for all that you do for the history blogosphere. We are indebted to you.
Jeremy Young - 12/7/2009
An outstanding achievement.
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50