MAY BE WORTH READING
I add the"may" because I find it difficult to argue that you will find anything new or surprising in the articles below. All the basic building blocks of the post Obama world are there for all to see. All we can do is watch them wobble and hope the damage will be manageable.
Papers from SAIS' conference on retreat from democracy in Eastern Europe. I attended and the participants were disgusted with the Obama administration's behavior.
2009 Report on Human Rights in the Arab World: Bastion of Impunity, Mirage of Reform It got even worse this last year!
Daniel Pipes, Swiss Minarets and European Islam
Martin Wolf, Why China’s exchange rate policy concerns us . . . We are watching a slow-motion train wreck. He should have added: and nothing is done to stop it.
Charles Krauthammer, The New Socialism This time it is global. An international elite is doing an end run around democratic voters.
As Bret Stephens explains, Revel understood and explained perfectly The Siren Call of Tyranny
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding