Glenn Greenwald on Libertarianism
Yet more evidence that Glenn Greenwald is one of the best thinkers on the web.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Sydney - 2/23/2010
As you say GG is one of the best on the web, but you aren't too bad yourself!
Robert Higgs - 2/22/2010
I enjoy Glenn Greenwald's columns. He has been one of the few writers on the left to maintain consistency in support of civil liberties, regardless of the party or the president who happens to be committing the crimes. Everything he says about the fake pro-freedom Republicans is true.
But let us not give Glenn too much credit. Libertarians have been making these observations from time immemorial. It is good that someone with Glenn's audience is speaking this way. But were the rest of us so obtuse that we could not make people see the point during the past forty years? Maybe so. Maybe we libertarians are simply such social misfits that we are incapable of communicating within the society whose lunatic fringe we occupy.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding