Ben Bernanke Gives Ron Paul the "Idiot Treatment" (Watergate Payoffs)
The crowd reflexively laughed at Dr. No's perceived looniness and pundits have already depicted his concerns as"wild" and"odd."
Well, it seems that Paul may have been onto something...or at the very least raised legitimate questions that deserve investigation. A few minutes on google news produced this 1982 story from the Milwaukee Sentinel by Richard Bradee of the paper's Washington Bureau:
"Police who searched the room the Watergate burglars used found $4,200 in $100 dollar bills, all numbered in sequence. Proxmire asked the Federal Reserve Board where the money came from. As he explained in a letter to the late Rep. Wright Patman (D-Tex.), chairman of the House Banking Committee:"I got the biggest run-around in years. They ducked, misled, lied, and gave me the idiot treatment."
comments powered by Disqus
Scott Wheat - 2/25/2010
...will bring down Greece. Goldman-Sachs will do the purchasing for the Federal Reserve allowing them to remain in the alley. Goldman-Sachs became a big boy during the financial crisis.
David T. Beito - 2/25/2010
Tim Sydney - 2/25/2010
Trivia point : the Federal Reserve had offices in the Watergate building as well as the DNC.
(So did others [see here]
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals