Ben Bernanke Gives Ron Paul the "Idiot Treatment" (Watergate Payoffs)
The crowd reflexively laughed at Dr. No's perceived looniness and pundits have already depicted his concerns as"wild" and"odd."
Well, it seems that Paul may have been onto something...or at the very least raised legitimate questions that deserve investigation. A few minutes on google news produced this 1982 story from the Milwaukee Sentinel by Richard Bradee of the paper's Washington Bureau:
"Police who searched the room the Watergate burglars used found $4,200 in $100 dollar bills, all numbered in sequence. Proxmire asked the Federal Reserve Board where the money came from. As he explained in a letter to the late Rep. Wright Patman (D-Tex.), chairman of the House Banking Committee:"I got the biggest run-around in years. They ducked, misled, lied, and gave me the idiot treatment."
comments powered by Disqus
Scott Wheat - 2/25/2010
...will bring down Greece. Goldman-Sachs will do the purchasing for the Federal Reserve allowing them to remain in the alley. Goldman-Sachs became a big boy during the financial crisis.
David T. Beito - 2/25/2010
Tim Sydney - 2/25/2010
Trivia point : the Federal Reserve had offices in the Watergate building as well as the DNC.
(So did others [see here]
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening
- NYT calls out China for denying visas to historians who write about touchy subjects
- History professor writes and directs a movie about (drum roll) a historian!