Carnivals and Memes ...
History Carnival XI is up at Siris! Go have a look and linger over it. While you are there, tell Brandon Watson what a fine job he did.
Jonathan Dresner will host Carnivalesque, the early modern festival, here at Cliopatria on Tuesday 5 July. Send your nominations of posts appearing in the last two months about the period from roughly 1450 to 1850 C. E. to Jonathan, dresner*at*Hawaii*dot*edu, by Monday.
At Inside Higher Ed, Scott McLemee tosses out the challenge of a meme to several of the Cliopatricians.
Sharon Howard - 7/1/2005
Because he's on holiday for a couple of days and might be too modest to mention it anyway, our Caleb has a piece in the new issue of Commonplace online journal, too.
All bloggers should read it.
- MLK's daughter to give court her dad's Bible, Nobel Prize
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory
- 800-year-old monk found poking out of cliff face
- Khrushchev’s son: Giving Crimea back to Russia not an option
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood