Carnivals and Memes ...
History Carnival XI is up at Siris! Go have a look and linger over it. While you are there, tell Brandon Watson what a fine job he did.
Jonathan Dresner will host Carnivalesque, the early modern festival, here at Cliopatria on Tuesday 5 July. Send your nominations of posts appearing in the last two months about the period from roughly 1450 to 1850 C. E. to Jonathan, dresner*at*Hawaii*dot*edu, by Monday.
At Inside Higher Ed, Scott McLemee tosses out the challenge of a meme to several of the Cliopatricians.
Sharon Howard - 7/1/2005
Because he's on holiday for a couple of days and might be too modest to mention it anyway, our Caleb has a piece in the new issue of Commonplace online journal, too.
All bloggers should read it.
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding